CAUTION: “BOYS OVER FLOWERS” SPOILERS
…Yet still I’m addicted to it like a crackhead.
Lol I have never watched something so poorly written, poorly acted and poorly directed in my entire life. This drama is absolutely horrible, and now that I can talk to people about it, I have found I’m not the only person that thinks so.
Goo Hye Sun can’t act for her freaking life, the plots change every episode and a half and all anyone ever does in this drama is stare at each other. I swear, at least 10 minutes per episode is spent with people having memories and staring at each other—especially Ji Hoo. He is the king of blind staring.
I don’t mean to pick apart the drama—which I love to do on on allkpop chat—but it leaves me with a lot of unanswered questions. Here’s a few to start with:
- Why did Woo Bin have that memory on the bridge? What did it have to do to anything? What was Yi Jung talking about in that memory?
- Whatever happened to that model/actor guy? Was Jun Pyo’s mother behind the whole scheme?
- Who did the actor guy supposedly look like?
- Why is everyone in this show deaf and can never hear when someone walks up behind them?
- Why does Ga Eul always show up to Yi Jung’s house unannounced?
- Why didn’t Yi Jung think of this new pottery girl before?
- Why didn’t Jun Pyo just tell Jan Di why he punched out Ga Eul’s ex?
- Why would Seo Hyun, a stunning, international actress date a high school senior 5+ years her junior?
- Why are Yi Jung, Ji Hoo, Woo Bin and Jun Pyo always at the high school when they should be at university?
- Does anyone else hate and love Ha Jae Kyung all at the same time?
- Why does Jan Di keep passing out in the snow when she goes looking for Jun Pyo’s neckalace?
- Why does Jan Di always end up drowning when she’s supposed to be a champion swimmer? Shouldn’t she know how to tread water? 1st time was a leg cramp, paddle with your arms, 2nd time was shoulder cramp, kick with your legs.
- How did the F3 know exaclty where Jan Di was in Macau that they came to save the day?
- Did anyone else feel in the beginning, the bulling against Jan Di was TOO intense? Especially when those boys pulled the chain and she flew off of her bike? In real life, Jan Di could have cracked her skull and gotten really hurt—it was TOO unrealistic, right?
I could literally make 100+ questions about this horrible TV show but I’ll leave it here for now. I just finished episode 18 and am waiting for the rest. The only good thing I can say about this show is the great eye candy—mm mm MM! Lee Min Ho<33—I’m enchanted by him, can you tell? (Man of the Moment on him—coming soon!)
But honestly, I’ve only watched 3 dramas in full before (Sam Soon, Full House, Coffee Prince) and several, only seeing the first episode…but this one is really the worst I’ve seen. I’ll be watching it and just say out loud to myself, “THIS SUCKS!”
What makes it more hilarious is that its the #1 hit in Korea! I’m like, are the looks of the F4 boys that great to you that this drama is number 1?!
….Then again, looking at Lee Min Ho, I’d say, yeah, that seems about right.